We confirm we have complied with the government’s guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
FIVE STEPS TO SAFER WORKING TOGETHER
- We have carried out a COVID-19 risk assessment and shared the results with the people who work here
- We have cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures in line with guidance
- We have taken all reasonable steps to help people work from home
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance in the workplace
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk
As a result of completing the Covid-19 Return to Work Risk Assessment we have put in place the following procedures to safeguard anyone working in the shop and our customers.
- The door is to be open as much as possible to allow flow of fresh air.
- It has been agreed by the Owners that the shop will work on a 1 household in, 1 household out basis (with a maximum of 5 people).
- When a customer enters the shop, they should be asked to use the hand sanitiser provided on the table by the front door.
- Customers are to be reminded that if they have children with them, they are responsible for supervising them at all times and ensure that they all follow the social distancing guidelines.
- Please encourage customers to avoid handling products whilst browsing where possible and handling additional stock on the shelves.
- Rather than providing shopping baskets please ask customers to place their intended purchases on the purchases table
- Whilst the customers are in the shop please abide by the 2m social distancing.
- General enquiries should not be affected by the 2m social distancing. Shopify holds all stock and therefore if a customer is asking about a specific size or product please check on Shopify rather than walking out to the client and going through the stock with them. If you do need to handover the items, please ask them to put this on the Purchases Table for transfer to the member of staff.
- The O&P staff should not move from behind the screen whilst customers are browsing in the store if possible.
- If a customer requires assistance with a product or a product needs to be collected from a different part of the shop, then please follow the purchase process below:
- Once the customer has decided on the items they want to buy, these should be placed on the Purchases Table. (The customer should then be asked to stand behind the screen next to the card machine. The staff would then collect the items, pack, process and take payment, (the receipt should be placed in the bag) these should then be placed back onto the Purchases Table and the staff return to the till area behind the screen. Once payment has been made the customer should collect their purchase from the Purchases Table and exit the shop.
- Once the customers have left the shop, cleaning takes place, this is to include the Purchases Table, till area, card reader, hand sanitiser table, door handles and any areas of the shop which you saw the customer touching. All staff must then wash their hands for the required 20 seconds and hand sanitise.
Please ask the customer to follow the same procedures when entering the shop i.e. using the hand sanitiser, please ask them to place their return on the Purchases Table and then return to stand behind the screen where you then follow the purchase process in reverse. No returned items are to be placed back on the shop floor for 72hrs by which time they should be safe.